Permanent Tattoos are real estates on your body. Once done it is hard to get rid of them. It is perfect if you love the tattoo you get inked. It is advisable to take some time to select the tattoo design. Tattoos are not modern inventions. They have been practiced among different civilizations; the most solid evidence lies in the bodies of Egyptian mummies. The earliest tattoo known so far was found on a mummified body popularly known as the Iceman or 'Otzi'. The mummy approximately dates back to 3255 BC; now, that's a long time back.
In the process of making this body art, the ink is inserted under the top layer of skin. This second layer is called dermis. Most people prefer summer or spring to get inked, but contrary to popular beliefs, winter is the best time.
Sunlight, dirt, dust, sweat etc. are a big no-no for tattoos. Fresh tattoos need at least 2 weeks for it to heal and in winter there is less chance of sunlight exposure and infection related to dust and dirt. Here are few points to remember about tattoo care:
1. Avoid direct exposure of the tattoo to sunlight. The ultraviolet rays can burn the ink and give your tattoo a faded texture.2. Avoid contact of water with the tattooed region.3. Never scratch an itchy healing tattoo. Try to get rid of the powerful itchy sensation by slapping down gently on the skin.4. Don't over-moisturize it. This may promote the growth of bacteria. Apply lotion when it feels dry.
Just 50 years back, tattoos were not mainstream object. They were sported by the likes of hippies, social outcasts, rebels, sailors etc. But today body art is not an underground entity. Let's have a trivia of some interesting facts about permanent tattoo.
- According to a study in 2012, 21% of Americans have at least one tattoo.
- In July 2002 “tattoo” was the second most searched term in the internet.
- The word “tattoo” is one of the most misspelled English words.
- The area of the body art, where the color has faded is called “holiday”.
- Martin Hildebrandt was the first professional tattoo artist in the U.S.
- Vinnie Myers creates 3D nipple tattoos for breast cancer survivor.
- The readymade designs are called Flash.
- The Russian Mafia, Japanese mafia, the Yakuza are some of the most tattooed gangs. Their tattoo reveal ranks and achievements in their trade.
- In Auschwitz concentration serial numbers were assigned to in the form of tattoos to the prisoners selected for work.
- According to a study in 2012, more women are tattooed than men in the USA.
- Tattoo machines have an interesting relation with the great inventor Thomas Edison. The first tattooing machine, patented by Samuel F. O'Reilly was a modification of Autographic printing machine, which was patented by Mr. Edison.
- Tattoos were banned in New York between 1961 & 1997 following the outbreak of Hepatitis B.
- An ultraviolet tattoo can be viewed only under UV light.
- While getting inked the skin is pricked between 50 to 3000 times per minute by the tattoo needle.
- Laser tattoo removal hurts the most.
A tattoo can be a great way to express your passion and love. While, 2014 was a great year for tattoos with inspirational and creative tattoos topping the chart among the top tattoos people got. Get your tattoo after research and make sure to take proper after-care for a great tattoo. For more deals & Coupons Visit: www.mydala.com