Stye is an irritating and little bit painful problem. Your eyes have a tiny oil glands and stye cause due to infection of oil gland, red bump, a kind of pimples on your eyelid. It can happen to inside as well as outside of eyelid. When glands are closed due to infection then Bacteria can develop in your eye. Symptoms of eye stye include pain, swallowing, increasing tear production, difficulty in blinking and burning sensation. Some people suffer from stye very frequently and most of girls are suffering to this problem because of makeup and dust. No need to rush at doctor. Stye problem can treat with simple and natural home remedies. Here we have listed out some easy to use remedies to get rid of eye stye as below.
Keep in mind; wash your hands every time before to touch your affected eyelid.
How to treat Stye in your eye:-
1. Warm washcloth-
This is the simple and effective remedy to get rid of stye problem. Directions are as following:
- Take a clean towel and prefer to white one.
- Dip this towel to excess warm water.
- Close your eye and place the towel to affected eyelid.
- Do this remedy three to four times in a day while puss comes out.
- Reapply this warm compress remedy until pus released and you will get relief from pain.
2. Go Natural-Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a natural alternate to get rid of stye problem. It has soothing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory medicinal properties. It can help you to reduce itching, swelling and redness. It is very speedy formula to get rid from eye stye. Directions to use it as following:
Take a leaf from Aloe Vera plant and extract gel from it to use.
Rub the gel gently over the affected eyelid.
Leave it for half an hour and wash with lukewarm water to rinse away.
Use this remedy twice a day and regularly for five days.
Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric can help you to get rid of irritating sties. It removes infection elements. Directions for using turmeric as following:
- Take a table spoon of turmeric and dissolve it into a cup of milk. Drink this turmeric milk to reduce inflammation and any other infection.
- If you don't like to drink turmeric milk, here we have another alternate. Take a tablespoon of turmeric into two cup of water and boil this solution until it reduces to half. Pour this solution and let it cool. Use this solution to wash affected eye. For better result use this remedy at least three times in a day.
4. Baby Shampoo-
It is necessary to clean eye stye from dust and other irritating elements. You should prefer to tear free baby shampoo to clean affected eye. Directions for using Baby shampoo as following:
- Take two to three drops of shampoo into 2 cup of Luke warm water. Mix this solution well.
- Take a cotton swab to clean affected eye with this solution.
- After cleaning wash your eye with lukewarm water and use warm compress remedy as you told above for five minutes.
5. Green tea-
Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties and rich in tannic acid which helps you to get rid from pain and infection. It also contains antioxidant and nutrients for your good health. How to use green tea on affected Eyelid as following:
Take a tea bag of green tea and dip it to excess warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove tea bag from water.
Close your affected eye and place tea bag on it for few minutes.
For better and effective result, use this remedy at least three times in a day.
6. Coriander Seeds-
Coriander seeds are very effective and fast relieving remedy for eye stye. It has also antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties like green tea and turmeric to reduce pain, swelling or other infection. To use coriander seeds procedure is as following:
- Take a teaspoon of coriander seeds and boil it.
- Pour this solution and let it cool down.
- Wash affected eye with this solution.
- Use this remedy until you got relief from pain.
Girls should avoid makeup on eye stye. It can delay your healing process and even your makeup brushes and pencils can also get affected by bacteria.
If you want to know more about How to Treat an Eye Stye and more tips for womens please visit our blog.