A condition in which there is infection of inner, middle or outer ear is known as ear infection. There are certain factors which can cause ear infection such as mucus entering the Eustachian tube, viral infection, cold, bacterial infection and many more. Some of the common symptoms of ear infection are pain, fever, hearing problem, vomiting, dizziness, full discharge, itchiness and inflammation.
Ear Infection Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for ear infection which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for ear infection is the use of garlic. Garlic has antibacterial properties and is very helpful in fighting the bacteria responsible for infection. It is known to be quite effective in giving immediate relief from inflammation, pain and itchiness. All you have to do is heat some olive oil in a pan and then fry five cloves of garlic in it. Allow it to cool down and then put few drops of this oil into your ears.
2. In order to improve the immune system of body and to make it fight the infection you can try consuming foods rich in vitamin C. Some of the food sources rich in vitamin C are lemon, strawberries and oranges.
3. Holy Basil leaves can also be very helpful in treating ear infection. You can extract juice of basil leaves by grinding them. Now put couple of drops into your infected ear. It will reduce the pain and will prove to be quite beneficial in treating this infection.
4. Take a hot water bottle and place it on your infected ear for almost ten minutes. This will increase blood circulation and will give relief from the pain.
5. Do not smoke and avoid passive smoking too as the smoke of cigarette can cause blockage of Eustachian tubes.
6. Onion is also very capable of treating this ailment. Just take an onion and cut it in two halves. Now heat any one of these onion halves and tie it in a cloth. Place this cloth on your affected ear. You can use this home remedy two times daily for next one week.
7. Colloidal silver has antibiotic properties and can be used to treat ear infection. All you need to do is rinse your affected ear by colloidal silver.
8. Mix coconut oil and olive oil in equal quantities. Heat this mixture to make it warm and then put few drops of this mixture in your infected ear. This natural remedy will treat the infection and will melt ear wax.
9. Hydrogen peroxide is very useful in curing this infection. It will kill the bacteria causing infection and will give relief from the pain.
10. Take some fresh neem leaves and grind them into a paste. Extract juice from this paste and apply few drops of it in your ears. This will give you relief from the pain.
These are some of the most efficient home remedies for ear infection which are simple, cheap and safe to use.
Read more Home Remedies for Ear Infection. Also know useful Home Remedies for Ear Wax Removal. Read effective Home Remedies for Endometriosis.