Tattoos have become extremely popular in the recent times but prior to getting inked, individuals must be informed about the varied risks associated with this procedure. They should also have a clear understanding of the basic safety measures and aftercare.
Knowing the Risks
Tattooing can be loosely defined as the process of making a permanent design on the topmost layer of the skin by inserting pigments through a hand-held machine. As an artist uses needles and the method of puncturing, tattoos could often lead to certain complications such as,
- The ink can cause itchy rashes and other kinds of allergies.
- Granulomas or small bumps may appear on the site.
- Tattoos can cause keloids or overgrowth of scar tissues.
- According to reputed providers of tattoo in Thailand Chiang Mai, if the equipment used for conducting the procedure is contaminated, there are chances that one would get blood-borne diseases like hepatitis B, tetanus, etc.
- Although rare, tattoos can cause the affected area to swell and burn permanently.
In case you are suffering from the stated conditions, feel free to take medications or go through any other treatment after consulting a doctor.
Be Aware of the Safety Precautions
- When it comes to getting a tattoo, make sure to choose an artist with utmost caution. Conduct a comprehensive research and seek referrals before arriving at a decision. An ideal professional would be the one, who has an adequate working experience and a credible reputation in the market.
- The tattoo shop must maintain proper hygiene. All equipment such as the needles and tubes must be cleaned every day by using a top-notch sterilizing system. The drawers, sinks, tables, handles, and every other item in the outlet must be disinfected so that maximum protection can be guaranteed.
- Do not make any random decision while getting a tattoo. In case you are unsure, worried, or scared; give it some more time. Choose the location as well as design carefully, something that you would not have to regret later. According to artists of Chiang Mai tattoo designs, you can take professional assistance in this case.
It is only after considering the above-mentioned pointers that you must opt for getting a tattoo.
Follow the Aftercare Tips
- Do not keep the bandage for long. Remove it after 24 hours.
- Keep the area clean by washing it with medicated soap and water.
- Apply a mild moisturizing lotion or any prescribed cream on the tattooed area.
- Do not venture out in the sun as the UV rays are known for fading the colours.
- Stay out of swimming pools as chlorinated water can lead to unnecessary infections.
- Do not pick the scabs as that might lead to permanent scars.
Now that you are aware of all the practical details related to tattooing, it is time to actually go through the procedure. If you can endure the pain, you would be presented with a design that can capture attention in absolutely no time.