Xyzal (Levocetirizine) is an antihistamine used to relieve allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itching eyes/nose, sneezing, hives, and itching. It works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction.
Mechanism of Action :
The active component of this drug is Levocetirizine dihydrochloride, is the R enantiomer of cetirizine hydrochloride, a racemic compound with antihistaminic properties. It is an orally active and selective H1-receptor antagonist. Histamines act on H1 receptors, causing the symptoms commonly seen in allergic reactions. This drug inhibits these H1 receptors.
- Adults and Children 12 Years of Age and Older : The recommended dose is 5 mg (1 tablet or 2 teaspoons [10 mL] oral solution) once daily in the evening. Some patients may be adequately controlled by 2.5 mg (1/2 tablet or 1 teaspoon [5 mL] oral solution) once daily in the evening.
- Children 6 to 11 Years of Age : The recommended dose is 2.5 mg (1/2 tablet or 1 teaspoon [5 mL] oral solution) once daily in the evening. The 2.5 mg dose should not be exceeded because the systemic exposure with 5 mg is approximately two times that of adults.
You should not use this drug if you are allergic to levocetirizine or cetirizine (Zyrtec). You should not take it if you have end-stage kidney disease or if you are on dialysis. Any child younger than 12 years old with kidney disease should not take. To make sure you can safely take Xyzal, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- enlarged prostate or urination problems; or
- gallbladder problems.
Side Effects :
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine.
COMMON (AFFECT BETWEEN 1 IN 10 AND 1 IN 100 PEOPLE)
- Dry mouth.
- Diarrhoea or constipation in children.
UNCOMMON (AFFECT BETWEEN 1 IN 100 AND 1 IN 1000 PEOPLE)
- Weakness or loss of strength (asthenia).
- Abdominal pain.
How to use Xyzal oral :
- Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily in the evening.
- If you are using the liquid form of this medication, measure the dose carefully using a special measuring device/spoon. Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose.
- The dosage is based on your age, medical condition, and response to treatment. Do not increase your dose or take this medication more often than directed.
Store this medicine at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep away from reach of children.
Hi Friends, this is Anna Austen form Australia. I am completed P. HD in pharmacy. Now i am working in pillsformedicine.com. I have lot of experience in medicines field. I also write blog on human health related product. Like Levocetirizine process online in Australia, Lyrica, Purchase Sildenafil online in Australia, Kamagra Jelly, etc.