People call it “buzzing ear” but in medical term, it is called tinnitus. A person is suffering from tinnitus if he/she hears sounds or noises without any external cause or without the presence of external noise. A person suffering from this condition also hears other sounds aside from the buzzing sounds, including ringing, clicking, waterfall-like sounds, hissing, roaring, and others. The buzzing ear condition can be experienced by the sufferer every now and then regardless of the activity being done.
Here are some ways to stop buzzing ear:
1. The first thing to do if you are suffering from unrelenting tinnitus is to consult with your physician who will then advise you to undergo physical examination. In rare cases, tinnitus can also indicate some serious underlying problems such as the narrowing of the carotid artery, a neck or head injury, aneurysm, or even a tumor. This isn't enough to reason to be alarmed though because as stated previously, these are just worst-case scenarios which are very rare for people suffering from tinnitus. If you hear buzzing or any of the noises mentioned above, your doctor diagnosing something grave is actually unlikely.
2. Buzzing ear is often caused by being exposed to extremely loud noises and sounds. According to The American Tinnitus Association and The National Association for the Deaf, it is important for people suffering from tinnitus to always protect their ears from further damage. This is possible through the use of ear protection devices such as ear plugs and keeping their music soft.
3. Another possible reason why people suffer from tinnitus is the intake or consumption of drugs, pills, and medicines. Because of this, it is a must that you tell your doctor whatever medications you are taking. Simple medicines or pills can actually have side effects. Aspirin for instance, when taken in large amount can cause a person to hear strange sounds.
4. Buzzing ear can be triggered by alcohol consumption and too much stress. Therefore, it makes sense to stay away from alcoholic beverages. It isn't simple to eliminate stress especially if your way of doing so is to take some shots of alcohol. However, you have to try other means of staying away from stress.
5. Another way to find relief from tinnitus is to use CD maskers or CDs that play calming and soothing background sounds. These devices are said to be very effective in making the patient forget about the sounds produced by tinnitus.
6. Last but not the least; remember not to feel bad about your situation. Buzzing ear is annoying but this is not enough reason for you to stress yourself out. There are many others with similar condition so don't despair. Just make sure that when finding ways to end this suffering, trust only those sources with good reputation. You can also talk to other people with similar condition because for sure, they know what to tell you and they know what to do to stop or get rid of tinnitus.
Tinnitus is annoying but it can be overcome. The tips given in this article are just a few of the many other tips you can actually use to get rid of your annoying buzzing ear condition.
Barbara Thomson strives to provide the best possible information available on tinnitus treatment. If you want to find out which tinnitus guide is the best fit for you, then visit the Top Rated Tinnitus Solutions.